Sunday, May 19, 2013

Class Concepts

After module six, I can safely say that I've picked up multiple neat ideas. Although I consider myself tech savvy, I've used tools that I've never used before in recent weeks. So what can translate into the classroom?

I think the most recent module, discussing authentic assessment, is something I would like to strive towards. It has the potential to be the most applicable of all the things that's been discussed. However, it would also qualify as the most difficult as well.

Just as it wasn't enough in the 20th century to simply pass out a worksheet to engage our students, it's not appropriate in the 21st century to simply have them play with technology and say we are engaging our students. We need to incorporate authentic assessment into our technology use. We need to find ways to come up with worthwhile lessons that are meaningful to them. Just don't use iMovie, but truly show them how iMovie can help them in real world tasks. This is something to make as a goal.

However, this is going to take a considerable amount of time and resort. My peers are on different levels of technology acceptance. To expect everyone to be on board with authentic assessment with technology is a huge leap. By supporting them, and giving them time to put lessons together, then we can eventually achieve these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment